English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
The English Learner Advisory Committee is comprised of parents, staff, and community members specifically designated to advise school officials on English Learner program services. Please contact the school principal if you are interested in joining your school's ELAC.
- The ELAC shall be responsible for advising the principal and staff on programs and services for English learners and the School Site Council on the development of the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA).
- The ELAC shall assist the school in the development of:
- The school's needs assessment.
- Ways to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
- Parents or guardians of English learners must have an opportunity to elect the parent members to serve on the ELAC or subcommittee.
- Each ELAC shall have the opportunity to elect at least one member to the District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC).
Learn more about ELAC on the California Department of Education website.