Overview of Tardy Protocol
Philosophy: West Covina’s Tardy Protocol is designed, not to be punitive, but to create a paradigm shift in our students’ mindsets to be on time and prepared for class.
- Accurate attendance for all class periods- If a student has an excused tardy or absences, the Attendance Office will correct.
- Ongoing communication with parents of habitual tardies along with teacher-issued consequences.
- Communication with students and parents about protocol and consequences if tardies are not corrected.
- Communication to all parents and students about new Tardy Protocol (phone blast, website, etc.)
- Month-by-Month report on students that accrued 5 or more total tardies- Students meeting this threshold will receive the appropriate consequences.
- 1st Offense: Assigned 2 lunch detentions
- 2nd Offense: Assigned Saturday School/ SART Contract
- 3rd Offense: Assigned 2 Saturday Schools/ SART process will continue (possible SARB)
- 4th Offense: Further administrative action